Sunday, June 27, 2010

Comfy are we???

These past couple of weeks have been getting harder and harder to deal with. My feet and legs will swell up like I'm a 300 pound woman and my hands will not allow me to finish thank you cards! It was hard enough writing David's birthday cards. We are settling in a bit more these days into our new home and anxiously waiting for Baylor and Hunter to grace us with their presence and take our breath away!
So here's the latest....

Sooner or Later They're Gonna Show Themselves
On Monday we had our appointment with Dr. Mann (high risk doc) and everything is still looking great except for Baby A's fluid. It was lower than what it should be, but then again she was not sure if she could actually see the fluid because the boys are a wee bit crowded in there! They are 5 1/2 pounds each these days!!! So, instead of returning in two weeks she asked us to come back in a week. If Baby A's fluid is still low we are going to push the c-section date up! I CAN'T WAIT! I feel like I'm being selfish, but oh my gosh I am soooooooo uncomfortable. If I do go into labor, the doctor said she would not stop things at this point so we'll see on Wednesday what Dr. Mann says... I swear though, if it were up to these two, I'd still be pregnant for another 4 weeks! They are a little too comfortable in there.
On Thursday I met with the last doctor in my OB's practice and she was very nice. She told us to take our hospital bags with us on Wednesday because we could be delivering that day! I am now a total of 156ish pounds! I hate that freaking scale! But I can say that most of it is fluid ~ I don't wake up without something swollen these days.

Here's a photo of me at 36 weeks... I don't think I look any bigger. I do look exhausted though!



Happy Birthday!!!!
Friday was David's 33rd birthday! We celebrated with some of his friends and cooked up some yummy-delicious food! (Unfortunately I was so busy I did not have the time to take photos.) David grilled venison burgers, corn on the cobb and pineapple while I made a watermelon, arugala salad with feta, punch and zeppoles instead of a birthday cake. Next time I make these dishes I will have to post some photos because not only are they super delicious, they are so pretty! And when you have the best and freshest ingredients.... oh it makes all the difference in the world. Ever since our move I've had to find new places to shop and have fallen in love with Fresh Market! They have the juiciest watermelon and sweetest peaches! Ugh, I'm dying for some right now...
Sorry for the diversion! David's birthday was really nice. Hanging out with friends, great food and fishing for the guys ~ I don't think David could have come up with a better day!

Speaking of moving and fishing here are the photos that I promised!

Nursery


(Please ignore the ugly green chair. Our glider hasn't arrived yet!)


Our plan is to add their names above their individual cribs. I better get on that one, huh?!


I love this sweet painting! There are two others of an elephant and owl. I thought the elephant was a bit too girly because of the eyelashes and haven't seen the owl in stores yet... I'd like to get the owl for the other side maybe one day.


Say "Cheese"!




Home

From the backyard patio

Koi pond





My avid fisherman out there somewhere!


The backyard from the dock


So those are the photos of our nursery and new pad. We really love the view from the kitchen and the boys have a great view as well! It's ours for the next two years anway...

I will try and post on Wednesday the good/indifferent news that we receive. Hopefully I'll be too busy to post anything Wednesday because we're in the delivery room!! Keep your fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment