Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pushing Through

Well, that title could be looked at in a few different ways! 1)We are pushing through this move and trying to get our new house back to normal and in living condition; 2) I am pushing through this pregnancy day by day; and 3) these boys are trying to literally push their way out! These past few weeks have been creeping by ever so slowly and yet we've been through so much!

Already Defying Mom's Orders
These two are already turning a deaf ear to what I have to say... I last left you with great news that Baby A was still head down and that we would talk with my delivering doctor about how we would deliver. Dr. Bennett was very promising and said that so long as A is head down she would have no problem with a vaginal delivery. I was SO happy with this news. I really thought that this pregnancy was going to be the ending that I've been wanting. Boy was I wrong! The following week I have a follow up with my high risk doctor (different doc this time actually) and Baby A is now BREECH! How in the Hell did this child move?! Where's the room? Needless to say I cried and was very upset to hear this. The last thing I want is a c-section. I didn't want any drugs, but have to have an epidural. I didn't want a c-section, but that's not the case anymore. What else is there? I know everyone is different, but I just don't want to go through that long recovery time and pain of a c-section. And I want to have that special, intimate moment when giving birth. I feel like that feeling of the actual "giving birth" and bonding moments with your baby/ies are taken away because there is literally a wall between you and them... *sigh* I guess this is why birthing plans really serve no purpose what so ever, in most cases.
So this past week I scheduled a c-section for July 7th at noon (my Grandma Georgia's birthday as well). There is always the chance that they could decide to show themselves earlier though. The doctor said that with twins they want to always wait until 38 weeks or longer, if possible. But at this point, 35 weeks, they will not try to stop labor. I am just so proud that I have made it this far! Also, my doctor's will no longer check my cervix measurements... I guess if I've made it this far it doesn't really matter anymore. But it was a nice way to ease our minds and give us a good estimate on when the time would come!

Here I am at 34 weeks

Weighing In On The Issues At Hand

Oh! The good news of our appointments... the boys weighed in at a whopping 4 pounds 10 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz last week! They are each the same size of a singleton. I am so happy about this. All of that protein that I have been forcing down my throat has been well worth it!
I on the other hand I am now weighing 150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Really 152, but who needs to count those extra two pounds, right?) I told the nurse that I was going to come and take all of their scales and throw them out the window. I think I just need to stop looking at the scale... Watching them push the scale's bar from the 100 marker to the 150 made my heart fall down to my feet and I could feel myself screaming on the inside "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"! I looked at Candace (my nurse) and she just smiled and said "Oh Mrs. Preston... You're having TWINS!! You should be putting on this kind of weight!" This did not help me feel better.



The New Pad
We moved in to our new home a little over a week ago. It is taking me some getting used to, but David is loving it! Of course this move would not have been possible without the much needed help of my family and family friends. My mom helped wash all of the baby clothes and Jackie helped me paint the nursery. Here's a picture of the future dad putting together one of the cribs




Bit by bit this house is coming together. I am still trying to finish the nursery and the boys bathroom. With my feet and hands swollen like they are everyday, it makes getting myself ready a daunting task. The weekend of our move my feet were so bad! I literally look like I'm 300 pounds just from my feet at times. My right hand is always numb now. It's very frustrating...
I will post some photos of our place, the backyard and the boy's nursery/bathroom as soon as I can.
I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and they're going to actually check my cervix this time so I'll have a better idea of where I stand these days when it comes to going into labor! David will be in Chicago for work all day tomorrow so let's just hope that I don't go into labor until he gets back! ;)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a great job – so amazing that you've carried these two little ones so happily and healthfully this far. Don't fret about how they arrive into this world – you will bond with your babies like no one else on the planet! Your place sounds fabulous and the cribs look beautiful. Can't wait to see the new Preston family! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete