Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas... Happy New Year?

Is it really that time of year when we all come together to celebrate soooo many reasons of the season?! Doesn't it feel as though were just in the middle of celebrating... well, nothing? As an adult, I'm beginning to see why children are so fond of the holidays ~ they don't have to do anything! Maybe I am putting too much pressure on myself. Or, just maybe, it is because the retail industry will not let me forget in JUNE {that's before 4th of the July, remember?} that Christmas is approaching? Retail industry's fault, not mine. Right? Either way, I am ready for the new year to get here! I feel as though we have been hit with one holiday after another in little to no time at all. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year's Eve. Don't forget Valentine's Day. Then there's St. Patrick's Day. AND EASTER.......... I know they don't all have to be celebrated. But in my world, they do! One month right after the other. Ugh. Couldn't the people who made these dates spread 'em out a bit?! Jeez.

TADA.....
With all of that said, I am a wee bit behind on my blogging/updating. Having kids has changed what happens during "free time".  But, as I promised in my last post ~ I will reveal the "BIG SECRET"...

Que music 'da da da daaaaa.....'
http://www.etsy.com/shop/monpetitnid

That's it! That's my big ol' secret. I am opening an Etsy shop! I love crafting + making my own cards {as you know}. So much, I figured this would be the best way to share it with the world. I make all of our family invitations + decorations no matter what the occasion. It let's my creative monster roam + enjoy being in the free world for a moment (before the real little monsters wake up from their nap!). And doing all of this somehow gives my life a little balance and makes me feel really happy when someone loves my birthday invitations, thank you cards or their Christmas card that I made. Forty. By hand. ;)
I am very fortunate to have a wonderful, loving + supportive husband, family + friends who really, truly want to me succeed in what ever path this life may lead me. It's reassuring to think that I am wandering down the right path. I just have to really recognize it + move forward with the confidence that everyone else seems to have in me...

Now that you know all that I have been keeping from you, I would love for you to join me on my newest adventure. This is sort of like my third child if you will. My goal is to have my Etsy shop up and running for business by mid-January. I also plan to have my "Etsy-blog" moving along as well, which is also called Mon Petit Nid.
Mon Petit Nid {french} means "My Little Nest". I chose this name for one reason only: I do everything with my family in mind. Whether it is in the kitchen or on my computer or by hand, I do everything for my family with lots of love. All for my little nest. I make the birthday cakes and Valentine's Day cards. It's the Christmas card for "dad"/David + the Halloween invitations with the creepy, yet intriguing decorations to follow suit.
This is all from my home to yours. The only reason I create these things is because I love sharing this happiness inside of me with friends + family. And oddly enough, having glue squirted into my eye {yes, that did happen for Halloween invitations one year}, hot glue burns on my fingers and 100 Photoshop do-overs are all part of what drive me crazy + make me happy at the same time!
My newest blog will be all about our everyday lives + what it takes to keep us going. From homemade play~dough to the greatest toy in our world to what you should be cooking for dinner! I have so many wonderful ideas that I know you would enjoy + hopefully find useful in your everyday lives. I don't want my Etsy shop to just be about PayPal in the end. I want my blog readers to enjoy my products + I want my Etsy enthusiasts/clients to enjoy any advice or ideas that I can give! After all, this is from my home to yours.
And by the way... if you're not familiar with Etsy, you should be! It is the greatest avenue of all that is handmade/vintage. I just cannot put my obsession with this site into words. Please check it out for yourself! Handmade is where it's at people!
And then there is Pinterest. But that is another story!

Come back for another update on our Thanksgiving, Christmas and what will be New Years Eve celebrations! There's lots to talk about and catch up on!

XOXO

PS~ Any advice or comments are always welcome! If you have any encouraging words of wisdom about Etsy {or just how to keep twin 18mo boys in check!} they are always welcome! Or maybe something you'd like to have made?! I'd love to hear back from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment