Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Obsession [uhb-sesh-uhn] - noun: the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

If you hadn't noticed, I am a tad bit obsessed with taking pictures of Hunter and Baylor. Every chuckle, every roll, every bite, every smile... I'm there, with my handy little camera, right in their faces. (I know they'll thank me one day, right?) There are actually days when I feel as if I'm not taking enough photos! Crazy, I know. But, I think it's because every part of my being loves them unconditionally and I don't want to miss one moment of their lives. Whether it is something small or big, I want to capture it all before I forget what just happened! They seem to be growing up so fast. So fast, that I'm actually starting to forget how it felt to hold them when they were so itty bitty. And it breaks my heart to feel this way...
In just one week we will once again take them to the doctor for yet another routine check up. But this check is not just any check up... it is their SIX MONTH visit! What am I going to do? In another 6 months they'll be a year... next Christmas they'll be a year and a half, walking/running and talking........ (insert BIG SIGH here).
When they are upstairs taking their naps, I find myself looking back at the thousands of photos that I have taken. I look at pictures of me while I was pregnant and miss those moments when I could feel them move and kick. I look at the first few days of Hunter and Baylor's lives in awe and wonder if that was really me carrying those two beautiful, little angels. Sometimes, to this very day, my life still seems a bit surreal. I feel like I am luckiest girl in the world to have such healthy, beautiful, radiant little boys to cherish and love.

Here are some of my favorite moments









































I never plan to stop taking pictures and I hope to get better at it. (I'm better behind the lens than in front, I think.) To me a picture is priceless and can freeze a moment in time forever. So, I'll never forget these moments and they'll never be a distant memory for me, David or the boys as we all grow older. I am one lucky mom and I want to show the world just why...

1 comment: