Wednesday, April 21, 2010

27 weeks... and still going!

So far so good I suppose. I'm still able to stand on my own, my feet haven't swollen to the size of blimps and no contractions... What has changed though is my weight! We had our monthly doc appointment today and I'm up to 136 pounds! Say what?! As I stood on the scale and watched the nurse put the bar on the 100 marker and then slowly move the smaller one towards the right, I couldn't help but think "No, no, no, noooooo!!". I've gained almost 10 pounds in one month! Can you believe that? But I had to remind myself that I'm carrying two little guys in there and they're going to gain weight. So long as it's them and not me!
No real updates though. Just listened to their heartbeats at this appointment, again. 140 and 145 which is really good. The "normal" range is anywhere between 120 and 170. And so long as they're close to one another, I'm not stressing as much! Next week is our favorite appointment, with Dr. Mann, because we get to see them! And we'll get to see them more often now. We are now into the part of my pregnancy where we visit the doctor every two weeks. This means a doctor appointment every week for us and we get to see our little ones twice a week! Can you say spoiled?? I also had my second gestational diabetes test today. Fingers crossed that I passed again because if I fail, I have to sit there for THREE hours, drink more of that nasty, sugary paste of a drink and give them blood every hour on the hour... Sounds like fun, huh?
As you may have noticed, throughout my pregnancy blogging I use words like 'us', 'our', 'we', etc. when I talk about "my" pregnancy and appointments. That is because David has been to every single appointment with me thus far! Even Dr. Bennett today gave him kudos because no other husband/fiance/boyfriend would consider it. It was brought up because he was joking around about not hanging out for a 3 hour adventure at the doctor's office with me if I had to for our next appointment. I don't blame him! It would be torture (and I don't just mean them poking me with that damn needle!). But it has been so nice to share these appointments with him, even if it is just listening to their heartbeats and measuring my belly... he still gets to feel as though he's really a part of this whole process. :) *Love ya babe!*

On a different note, I start taking photography classes next Tuesday. They will be every Tuesday for six weeks. I'm pretty excited! I have always wanted to take classes like this. And now that we have babies on the way I really want to learn how to use my nice camera. I know that I will be taking 100's of photos of our boys and I want some of them to be frame/gift worthy!!! (Side note ~ old faithful broke on me this past weekend! My amazing camera that I've had for 3 years, carry everywhere with me and have used to take 1000's of photos has just died. I will take her to Best Buy to be fixed, but I think it's time for a replacement.) With these classes come assignments and require you to actually use your camera. So, hopefully with my new training in the photography world there will be post worthy pics here soon! :) I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

We have our first baby shower this weekend and then our next doc appointment Monday so there will be plenty to talk about next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment